Why You Need Aftercare Following Ibogaine Treatment
Recovery from addiction to drugs or alcohol is a journey, not a destination. After the ibogaine drug treatment has been completed, it is still important to have an aftercare plan. Here are the reasons that all alcohol and drug treatment plan needs to include an aftercare plan.
- Relapse is always possible. Relapse after ibogaine drug treatment is always a possibility. With any addition and with any treatment protocol, it is important to have a plan for what to do after the treatment is over. When a person emerges from an ibogaine treatment center, they will need help to get and keep their life on track. This will include enlisting their support network of friends and family to help them restructure their life away from the use of drugs or alcohol. Many people get discouraged in the early days of their recovery. Having a support network set up to keep them focused on what they are trying to accomplish can do a lot to keep them from relapsing. Relapse can even strike people years after they have gone through any treatment for drugs or alcohol.
- Emotional support is crucial. Providing emotional support can make all the difference. Early recovery can be very confusing. The ibogaine drug treatment gives the person the strength and ability to physically get off of the drugs or alcohol but unless the structure of their lives is redone, they will set themselves up for failure. It is crucial that people who are in these early states of recovery from alcohol and drugs are able to get the emotional support they need to maintain their sobriety. The people at the ibogaine addiction treatment facility can do only so much. The person\’s support network needs to be there to help take them all of the way to full recovery.
- It helps get people back to norlmalcy. Aftercare helps people transition to a more normal life. Life as an addict is not normal. Life at the ibogaine treatment center is not normal. Getting back to a normal life in which recovery is a priority is hard. It would be easier to go back to addiction and to the use of drugs or alcohol. That may not be what people want to hear but it takes real work to start a normal life. Aftercare programs and having a relapse prevention plan will help people transition to a normal life without the use of alcohol and drugs. It can be done, it just takes some effort.
- It helps people make decisions. Aftercare can help people with their decision making process. Many people struggle with making the right decisions, even when there is no drug or alcohol use in the picture. Making decisions, especially in the early phases of recovery from drugs or alcohol can be a real challenge for a lot of people. This is another reason having a good aftercare plan or program can make a big difference. It can also help people become more aware of the decisions they are making. Often, when people want to lose weight, they keep a food diary so that they can really see how much they eat every day. An aftercare program for someone recovering from drugs or alcohol can be a lot like that food diary. It gives them the chance to examine and evaluate their choices and options.
- Triggers can cause problems, aftercare can help with that. Everyone who becomes addicted to drugs or alcohol has certain triggers. After a person has completed their ibogaine drug treatment, they still will encounter triggers. Aftercare programs and plans can help them identify their triggers and have a plan to deal with them when they are encountered. The act of working out what a person\’s triggers are is incredibly important to the prevention of a relapse. In fact it is one of the most critical because unless a person can identify a trigger, they are left at its mercy. One key thing to remember is that everyone\’s triggers are totally unique.
Addiction to drugs or alcohol is a tricky thing to deal with. Ibogaine drug treatment can help people deal with getting off their substance of choice. Long term recovery is possible with effort.