This Is the Main Season of Giving
Fires in California, floods in Texas and Louisiana. In the course of a single calendar year there can be many places that benefit from the help of American Red Cross clothing donations, medical supplies, and monetary gifts. When you find yourself overwhelmed with the news of the day and the devastations that so many fellow Americans are facing it can be challenging to imagine how you can help. Fortunately, by making American Red Cross clothing donations and monetary gifts you can help a nationwide, and worldwide, organization that has perfected administering to those in need.
With the use of your gently used clothing and household items, or better yet your monetary gifts, you are able to help those who are in need.
Red Cross Donations Offer a Number of Ways for Americans to Help those Who Are Most in Need
Often, people think more about giving during the time of family holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. The fact of the matter is, however, organizations like the Red Cross need donations year round to help both individuals and families who are in need. Consider some of these facts and figures about the charitable giving industry and the impact that it has on both individuals and the nation\’s economy:
- The American Red Cross provides relief for families and communities in the form of blankets, food, blood and shelter 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- although numbers can vary from day to day and month to month, in January of 2015 there were 564,708 people homeless on any given night in the U.S. May of these people benefit from Red Cross services.
- Receiving $687 million in 2014 in private donations, the American National Red Cross is the 13th largest U.S. charity as ranked by private donations.
- The majority of your donations to your selected charities are tax deductible for the value of the items you donate.
- $666.1 billion a year is contributed to the economy of the U.S. by non-profits.
- 70% of people in the U.S. give to at least one charity every year.
If you are weary of watching the devastating news about the damages that many have suffered in places around the country, it is important to know that by giving to the Red Cross you can help those affected in their recovery process.