Father\’s Day was pretty frantic at your house. The fact that your father always has more energy than anyone else in the house means that even when you are resting, your dad is working. On this past Father\’s Day, however, you and your two teenage daughters promised to work as hard as dad. From when he stepped out of bed until he collapsed back in at the end of the night, the girls in the house, yourself included, promised to help Dad with any task that he wanted to tackle.
While other dad\’s might want to spent their special day on the golf course or on the lake, your husband who wants to do nothing more than complete projects around the house. The day started with lawn work and then moved to cleaning out the large storage space in the basement. Dad was in heaven as your family of four tackled one project after another. When the day ended, and your husband admitted that he was as tired as the rest of you, the girls said that they found their Father\’s Day gift kind of fun. They enjoyed learning a little bit more about all of the ways that dad spends his time on the weekend, and that they were pretty excited that they actually help make a difference around the house.
In the past when your daughters thought about their house, they never really thought about anything more than the interior home design projects that involved buying new comforters and redecorating their rooms. After Father\’s Day 2017, however, they realized that it was the stuff that their dad did that really kept this house feeling like a home, from a beautiful front lawn to an organized storage room in the basement.
The Home Building Process and the Home Maintenance Process Requires Careful Attention to Detail
The fun part of buying a house is looking at various home designs and selecting the ones that you like the most. The fun part of living in a home is making the cosmetic decisions that involve all kinds of home interior decisions about color and carpet, flooring and furniture. The real work, however, is not really in the home design or the interior decorator decisions. The real work comes in the craftsmanship and the maintenance that is required to make sure that the home lasts a lifetime. For while colors and carpet may fade, the workmanship in homes should be eternal.
Consider these statistics about the reason that it makes sense to do your research when you make home design decision decisions with the home builders who you work with, and how the care and keeping of your home is a good investment:
- How you spend your evenings and weekends speaks volumes about the condition of your home. If your weekends are always spent on the golf course or on a fishing boat, it is likely that many of the home maintenance tasks at your home will not be addressed.
- According to detailed guidelines and building standards, an island should be at least four feet long and two feet deep. In addition it should have room for people to move and work around it. Home designers say that unless a kitchen is at least eight feet deep and 12 feet long, you should not consider installing an island.
- Research indicates that 66,000 of the 648,000 single-family homes completed in 2015 had two bedrooms or less, and that they had four bedrooms or more.
- Dads who show their families the importance off dealing with home maintenance projects as soon as they happen set a great example.
- Willing to pay more for an ensuite master bath, 49% of home buyers make this additional bathroom space a priority when they are searching for an existing home or the plans for a new home.
- Of the first-time and repeat buyers, 8% were looking for homes with values of $200,000 or more; of first-time and repeat buyers, 10% were looking for homes with values of $500,000 or more.
- Research indicates that 183,000 of the 648,000 single-family homes completed in 2015 had a patio and a porch, and 14,000 had a patio and a deck.
- Kids follow in their father\’s footsteps. Are you showing your children what it means to be a hard working home owner?